Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How best to rack/transport my preamp and stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SteveC, Jan 20, 2005.

1. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I need some ideas on racking/transporting my preamp and other processing gear. Here's what I have:

Boss TU-2 Tuner/Mute Pedal
    PreSonus Blue Max Compressor (1/2 rack space - no rack kit)
    SansAmp BDDI Pedal
    Avalon U5 Preamp/DI (I have rack ears)

Currently I have a Fender bag that I can get most of it in, but it means plugging everything in and taking it apart for every gig. I don't gig alot, but I do want to use it at church a few times a month and for other occasional gigs. I'd like to just plug in my bass, run the DI to the PA and play.

I want to keep it as small, light and compact as possible. It's a good thing the Avalon is such a sweet piece of gear because it is the problem when it comes to transporting.

The only thing I can think of is a 4 space rack (2 spaces for the Avalon) and a rack shelf for the BlueMax and BDDI. I would rather not use a 4 space rack.

Any other ideas out there?

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i wouldn't use a rack
    i'd look for something like a pedal board - even if you're using it off of the floor.

3. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I thought about that, but that Avalon is a big "pedal" to have on a board - on the floor or not.

4. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    I use a SKB US series 4-slot rack case and it is unstoppable. I just hook up my cab flip on my power conditioner and amp and go. It can be placed on its side if you want to have it on the floor as well.