How big is Talkbass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Looking at the number of active members and posts, Talkbass has to be up there in the world

There are other places, faceparty, myspace and all of that but the boards there (if any) are nowhere used as much

Is there a Forum standings or anything like that?
  2. i dunno, but we have to be one of the tops...
  3. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
  4. There's a website that keeps track of online forums and number of posts and such. I can't remember it right now, but there are forums out there alot bigger than talkbass. One had over 3 million posts and counting.
  5. Wow 3 million now that's alot of reading

I'm just glad to be a part of Talkbass sharing and recieving information at the same time :hyper:
  6. I agree! TB rules! :bassist:
  7. well we may not be the biggest but we're the best :hyper:
  8. This makes me want to start a Talkbass Pride forum... but I ain't a supporting member, so I'd felt out of my place.

now that I am comming on more and using the forums and trading equipement, I am considering supporting. Maybe I'll make it part of one of my deals if someone does on with me for my thumb (maybe not) add 20 bucks for supportation
  9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

brad cook
  10. wasn't expecting that....

caught me off guard and made it funny as well.... really funny
  11. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Hey, mine's only 800x600, I'm getting ripped off!!
  12. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    so how big is TB:

"It's THIIIIIIIIIIIIS big!!!" :D
  13. Well now that I've found that site, I realize that TB is alot smaller than I thought...

How about a board with 113,000,000 posts?

Check them all out here:
  14. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    So kitty thinks talkbass is phat..
  15. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You don't get upped to 1024x768 until you reach 3,000 posts. Now you have a goal in life. You can thank me later.

brad cook

16. :p
  17. I'm glad TalkBass hasn't become ridiculously huge.

I've been to forums where literally a topic posted 20 minutes ago is now nearing the bottom of the second page of new topics :meh:
  18. You can get larger too if you go past 4k.

But I am rather partial to 1024x768
  19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I know what you mean. I used to frequent a place called FatWallet. It got huge like that, and all of the boards were full of "I'm new here. Can someone help me ______" threads. There was no real feeling of community anymore. As an example, I would have NEVER started a thread there when my dog Kramer was put to sleep last week.