1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How big is your band?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stratovani, Mar 9, 2013.

1. We're a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers tribute band, and there's six of us - singer, keyboard player, two guitarists, bassist, and drummer.

2. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg Keyboards
    My band has 5 members. Drummer, guitarist, singer, keyboard player and me. The lead singer is a very good bass player so I play guitar on a couple of songs.

3. I'm in a couple of trios, and the bigger group is six core members with some singers who come and go - drums, bass, guitar, DJ who plays turntables and samples, lead singer and trumpet.

4. My current band is a trio. My previous band had a variable cast. Our biggest lineup was three guitars, steel guitar, harmonica, drums, percussion, saxophone, and trumpet. Sometimes, the steel and trumpet players wouldn't show up. Regardless, that was a really fun band. The set list was all over the map : swing, jazz, funk, blues, rock, and tex-mex. Radar Love was great when the brass guys were there.

5. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    all three of my current line ups are power trio's..lol

6. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    Both my (originals) groups are power trios. Though one of them, we do use a fair amount of backing tracks for synth and whatnot--a bunch of the tunes would really need 5 or so people to be able to be played "fully live".

--

7. 90dphillips

90dphillips

Jan 11, 2012
    Murrieta
    Three Amigos

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

FOur...2 guitars, drums, bass. Used to have a keyboard but he left for other projects.

9. rojo412

rojo412 Walnut is fun! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Two foursomes and a seven-piece.

10. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    Lots of chicks say size doesn't matter...are you guys using Internet measures?

11. danielfnj96

danielfnj96

Jan 29, 2012
    NJ, USA
    My band is very small, just me, myself, and i.

12. Barca_bass

Barca_bass

May 22, 2011
    4: 2 guitarists/singers, drummer, myself

13. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

Two guitars, vocals, keys, one or two drummers, and BASS, of course. Six or seven.

14. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    3 piece.

15. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012

16. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Aug 12, 2005
    Willow Street, PA
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    Trio.

17. DaveyM69

DaveyM69

Jan 1, 2011
    10 piece. 1 x male vocal, 3 x female vocal, trumpet, sax, keyboards, guitar, bass & drums. A great sound!

18. duff beer

duff beer

Dec 2, 2007
    Winnipeg
    Guitar, bass, keys, drums. We play classic rock and having a keyboard player really opens up a lot of song options.

19. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    A church band. Bass, drums, piano, guitar, keyboard and three singers. At times we are joined by a percussionist, a reed player and a violin/guzheng player.

20. 7-

guitar
    bass
    voilin
    piano/violin
    clarinet
    drums/ukelele
    trombone/synth/drums/guitar/percussion