Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how big r your hands!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by tyburn, Feb 23, 2001.

1. i was bored so decided to start this thread,, how big r your hands

i was sittign here at the computer and noticed a ruler so i measured diagonally from the tip of my thumb to the end of my little finger( pinky)

it's exactly 25cm fully stretched acroos the palm of my hand

2. From thumb to pinkie, about 9". That's also how I measure up in other places :D
    Gotta be the Swedish-made penis pump.

3. Wow! That's a pretty long nose you got there. :)

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What are you guys, human bulldozers?

Left: 23cm

Right: 22cm

Able to play nonetheless :D

5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    i don´t know how big they are, but i know one thing...they are small!

6. Left 25 cm.

Right 24.5 cm.

If only I were so endowed in other places. Maybe I should get one of JT's basses to compensate :D:D:D:D:D

FF.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    About 8.5".

8. A little over 8.5". But its the thicks that gets her. size 14 ring finger!!!!

9. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Hmmm...I did a thorough measurement:

Vertical (wristbone to tip of middle finger): about 6 inches

Horizontal (thumb to pinky, stretched as far as possible): about 7 inches

As for other measurements...well...er...I'm not a man. :p

10. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    The pinky-to-thumb thang = 10 1/16" (~25cm) for both hands.

Size 15 EEEE shoes...oh sure :rolleyes: You know how much those dang things cost?

(it's that Nordic "jethro" gene :p )

[​IMG]

11. yeah i do, it's a pain in the wallet,, i'm a 14 over here,, so 15 to u guys,, not exceptionally wide

i'm like 6'5 and half / 6'6"

6'6" in the morning ( can't get through the door without ducking ,, actually i'm surprised i haven't had to go for a cat scan (lol)

please feel sorry fro me i'm not 19 until june still growing , i think

i'd just like to say though,that being taller doesn't make u a better bass player,, i wish i was smaller so that my J didn't look so small standing up

doh

stu

12. Left: 9.5 inches across, 7.5 tall
    Right: 9.25 inches across, 7.5 tall

13. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    tyburn / stu You probably already know this, but ==> http://www.newbalance.co.uk/

They have sneaks and "classics" (dress/casuals) up to size 20 (US) in some
    cases. Most go up to 16 EEEE. Also, be sure to check out that "SL-1" / "SL-2"
    business. SL-2's have a bigger toebox. Check the dealer locator. Here's a UK
    online store ==> http://www.sportsshoes.com/ssu-cgi/newbalance/web_store.cgi
    (sneaks only).

14. yeah i do,, well u have to don't u,, !!

i've got number of places where i get shoes from,, actually i have a very good sports shop here where i get trainers from , u go in and u can have nearly anythining in my size for a good price

thankfully i'm ok with clothes,, i'm only an XL which is big to some but for my height it's ok

i've got long arms though which can be a problem ,, aswell as being problematic when playing

later
    stu

15. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    6'5" ¹/² ???

Whoah...wanna give me some inches? LOL.

I'm only 5'1" LOL about 98lbs.

I don't mind except that I think I'm shrinking. :0

If I shrink any more my bass will be bigger than me. LOL

16. sure stephanie, and if i were one of the more immature, crude individuals that frequent these pages i would incinuate giving them from somewhere other than my emence height, lol

sorry, hey i can do give me your addy and i'll chop 4 or 5 off!

how'd that sound?? ,, oh,, yeah you'll have to pay for shipping,, i live in england

i'm gonna try and be the tallest ever bass player to play behind britney speares or christina on MTv

woh,, there two gorgeous gals,,,well i am 18

or sarah michelle gellar as a brunette

17. Left: about 21cm long, 19cm tall

Right 20.5cm long, 19cm tall

my fingers are really thin and boney, so they look a bit longer than they are

18. Phee

Phee

Jan 2, 2001
    Maryland
    left hand: 9.5" from pinky to thumb stretched out, 8" from wrist to tip of middle finger.

right hand: the same as the left

19. Both hands 23cm or 9 1/4 inches, size 13 ring, big palms, medium length stubby fingers. Size 12E shooz or size 45 in Birkenstocks. 7 1/2 hat.

20. i happen not to wear a ring so in the winter it's a 12" knitted willy warmer!!!! ;)