1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How big should my cab be?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kentiki, Jan 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kentiki

kentiki

May 14, 2008
    I need some help from the cab gurus. I have 2 Eminence Neo Deltalite II 2512s. I have a local guy that builds cabinets and I am looking at building either 2 1X12 or 1 2x12 birch sealed cabinets. I just need to check my calculations. What would be the optimum interior size for the 1x12? and the 2x12?

Any other comments/suggestions are appreciated. If it matters, I'll be playing a TH500.

2. Rick James

Rick James Banned

Feb 24, 2007
    New Jersey
    If your local guy doesn't know that the optimal volume for a 2512 sealed is 2.2 cu ft per driver, or that the 2512 works much better in a ported cab, you shouldn't be having him build anything for you.

Gearhead17 likes this.
  3. Maybe the local guy builds kitchen cabinets?

4. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Make your life easy and buy plans for the Bill Fitzmaurice (BFM) Simplexx or Jack 12. This will alleviate the "how big" question, as that's not the right thing to ask. These cabinets both specify that Deltalite is appropriate, but do have slightly different tonal signatures. Please read up on them.
    Simplexx
    Jack

5. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa