Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How 'Bout Dem Atlanta Falcons!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Someone had to say it, why not me?

2. Impressive win. Vick was really able to do his thing. I don't see any reason why they can't go to Philadelphia and win next week. They better hope that someone knocks off Tampa, though.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    The only reason that made me happy was that the Packers lost. At home. Big. :D:D

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Oh, please...give me a break.
    If Philly(with or without McNabb) didn't learn something from Green Bay last night...then they don't deserve it.

Actually, Vick's Harry Houdini impression last night reminded me of a Fran Tarkenton's eyes-in-the back-of-his head game I saw as a kid.
    When you are lucky enough to get a shot on him...better make it hurt! ;)

Meanwhile, the Browns are in the midst of blowing it!
    Currently, 27-21 w/ plent of time remaining.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Well, now it's 33-21... but I wouldn't be surprised if they blew it anyway. :D

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Steelers are ahead.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
  8. Steelers schmeelers. I just watched the end of the Browns game and now we have Oakland next week. Titans would have been easier but the Gang Green will prevail.

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I mean we can pick the sport apart. But, the games this weekend have been a blast. The Browns let the Steelers get lucky no doubt.

It would have been uglier had the Steelers not taken advantage of the chance to get the game back.

The Jets ruled, and Atlanta Rocked!

I wish Detroit could do that. But that would be different, and the Fords can't allow that. Not while the Detroit sports fans will buy mediocrity.

10. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    god - that surely was a whooping.

i'm not going to sound like i'm making excuses, but without both starting recievers and your starting runningback - that includes one pro bowl RB and a pro bowl alternate WR, what did you expect to happen? the fact that favre was able to even get one TD in is remarkable.

and without sharper - again, a pro bowl DB, gilbert brown out, and KGB being sick - it's no wonder that vick was able to run around like he did.

and also - that botched kick return that atlanta picked up was BULL****. the refs told sherman he couldn't challenge it. it bounced off a falcon.

if the packers would have had it's starters, i think we would have beaten them. but man, i practically had nightmare flashbacks last night - replays of vick almost getting splattered and turning it into a 20 yard gain. he is a BAD man, for sure. i predict he's going to have a bad injury in a few years though. the way he runs around i think he's going to take on someone a little big and get splattered hard.

i'm rooting for the jets though. watching pennington is like watching the perfect quarterback.

11. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    The head ref said no one on his team said that. And, it's irrelevant, anyway. Even if they had scored a touchdown, they would have still lost by 2 touchdowns. They played like crap. Plain, and simple. They even lost a ball on a snap, fer crying out loud. Any team playing like that in the playoffs, injuries, or not, doesn't deserve to make it any farther.

Go, Jets. :D

12. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    ugh...now the talk is starting. favre was slow and sucky for the last month or so. the retirement talk begins.

i really hope he can put in ONE more year. we have good recievers when they're healthy, good running backs, a great tight end, a good defense. if we just got a few better o-linemen we could do it next year. favre at his best is some of the best quarterbacking that has ever been - but even at his worst i think he's good enough that with the right support personell we could go all the way next year.

...barring injuries :rolleyes:

i was thinking, what if a team had a qb like pennington and vick as an RB. how silly could that get?

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It seems as though Brett's heart is in Kiln, Miss.

14. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    supposedly our 1st pick in the draft is going to be the best QB thats available at the time.

it will be so sad to see him go...he's been so great for so long. but then again, who knows - we could end up with a youngster like vick or pennington.

15. Damn you Michael Vick! Damn you to hell! :mad: The guy isn't human.

16. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Vick and the Falcons v McNabb and the Eagles.

Crank up the VCR, dem birds are a gonna be fightin'.

17. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I just need to say that I loved watching Green Bay be completely picked apart last night. That seemed to be the only good thing that happened from my point of view this weekend in the NFL up until mid-way through the 3rd quarter of the 9-ers game. That was one of the best turn-arounds I've ever seen. What a game. I gave up after the way we finished the first half. Then we stopped sucking and won somehow. I'm still in utter joy.

After this weekend, all bets are off as far as I'm concerned. The weekend started with a huge upset (Ohio St. over Miami) and ended with a mind-blowing comeback by the 9-ers.

18. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Yeah, the Packers looked like they never recovered from the pounding the Jets gave them. I had read somewhere that Favrererere hurt his arm on XMas day moving presents for his daughter, too. I'm not saying that injuries/bad calls didn't have an effect on the game, but injuries/bad calls are a part of Football. You have to persevere in spite of them. There is no such thing as a perfect ref. For the most part, the game was pretty clean. I don't remember a whole lot of penalties, or bad calls.

Honestly, the best thing about Vick is that he seems like a genuinely likable, humble guy. In the age of the Randy Mosses and the Terrill Owens, it's refreshing to see someone who has both talent, and a realistic view of where he is. The fact that he can fly is just a bonus. :D Two separated shoulders, and a hurt thumb, and he still threw himself into giant defensive tackles. That's heart.

A Pennington/Vick combo would be absolutely ridiculous. Pennington is my other favorite QB at the moment. He has energized the Jets when everyone had them written off in week 4.
    It's nice to see a QB who runs up and down the sidelines cheering for his defense, and going up to every player to psych them up for the game. Very much a stark contrast to Tom Brady who sat by himself and stared at the ground until it was time to go back on the field to get hammered.

And, these guys are only 22?!? Man, if they can both stay healthy (more concerned about Vick than Pennington, really), I think it's safe to say that these two guys are the future of football. Or, Vick is from the future, or something. ;)

Me like-y football.

19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, man, how about those giants, eh? :D