Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How 'bout the new Digitech BP50 ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassackwards, Feb 4, 2003.

1. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    [​IMG] Looks like this might be a worthy little unit. They're in the 60-80.oo price range. Here's their little blurb about it:
    "Meet the newest member of our bass modeling floor processor line–the new feature-packed BP50. Our bass guitar-freak engineers built the BP50
    with the great tone and effects you expect from DigiTech, including award-winning amp and cabinet modeling plus an arsenal of studio- quality effects designed specifi cally for the bass.

The BP50 uses our AudioDNA™ DSP chip to ensure that both modeling and effects are world-class. Plus, 24-bit A/D/A converters ensure accurate tonal reproduction between inputs and outputs. And when we weren’t looking, our fanatical engineers even snuck in a drum machine with 30 patterns, adjustable tempo and an easy-to-use 13-LED-array tuner. Then we made sure that the BP50’s user interface was so simple a drummer could operate it (well most drummers, anyway).

If you’ve drooled over our bigger BP Series models but didn’t have that much cash in your jeans, get on down to your DigiTech dealer and score a BP50."

2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    My BP-200 has a higher number and looks nicer. It probably is better than the BP-50 anyway, but anything from DigiTech is a great bargain. Mine also has all the stuff yours does and more, but mine doesn't have drum stuff.

3. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    I don't own one and have not even tried one. Just looking for opinions or experiences.

4. cjgallen

cjgallen

Oct 19, 2001
    What does that say about the BP-8? :rolleyes: :p

5. Musicians freind has a good comparison between the RP50 and and zoom 505II
    Here

you could probably draw a simmilar comparison between the BP50 and and 506II

6. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    i have a bp200. it has 30 drum patterns that are tempo- and volume-adjustable. they're pretty lame, and i only used them once when my band was doing a rap parody, but they are there.

7. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    hey well you said that it is in the 60 to 80 price range if you go to www.guitarampkeyboard.com
    you can get a zoom 607 for 85 rather than 100
    it is better than that digiteck one because it has like 35 or sumin effects and a pedal for like wah and to adjust the volume and stuff like that. It is better because it is more mezulia but it is worth going up to it i would say coz its like 60 to 80 nicka for a rather strange lookin pedal or go up 25 to 5 notes for loads more effects, ease of use, exprssion pedal, and you can boast to your mates bout how good it is. I am buying one at the end of feb
    ---------------------peace-----------------------

8. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    i've never played one, but everyone i know who has says that zoom mutli-effects are crappy - lots of noise, not much programmability, made of plastic, limited sound-making possibilities. i was dead-set on a zoom pedal until i read a comparison on musicianfriend.com between zoom and digitech. i got my digitech bp200, and am very happy with it.

9. I didn't understand half of this post...:rolleyes:

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    all the digitech stuff that i've ever tried has been a bit noisy, and somewhat sterile sounding too. i've never tried the bp50, though, so that may be different.