How bout this rig....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikarre, Oct 31, 2003.

1. mikarre

mikarre Guest

Thanks to everyone who responded to my confused amp thread. Taking some advice from there and dong a little more research, I've come up with the following tentative plan:

1. Hartke 3500 amp, in a rack bag so it's easy to carry.

2. Avatar 15" compact bass cab at 8 ohm. This will be the first cab I get, and combined with the 3500 amp will make a nice combo for smaller situations and to start out. The amp will push 240 watts through this cab alone.

3. Avatar 12" compact bass cab at 8 ohms. I'll get this later, when I can afford it, and I think it it will be a good match with the 15. The amp will push 350 watts at 4 ohm between the 2 cabs.

I know some people suggested more wattage, but the HA 3500 is the most powerful I can afford, unless someone can suggest something more powerful at a comparable price.

I am interested in hearing some opinions about the pros and cons of a rig like this. Another thought I had was to get the 2x10 cab and then add a full size 1x15 sub, but that will be more expensive in the long run and also seems less versatile.
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i don't know how much the hartke is, but have you priced out a pre with a separate power amp?

ampeg avp or sans amp
    qsc power amps are cheap and powerfull (lots of head room)

just a thought
  3. mikarre

mikarre Guest

I did think of that, but every option I looked at seemed more expensive than the Hartke. I never heard of QSC, but I'll check them out. Thanks!
  4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    qsc are rather expensive, check these out, they are failry cheap, duno how they sound tho.