1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How brave am I? I'm freakin' BRAVE!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bunk McNulty, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Every two years or so, I have a treatment on my face to prevent cancerous growths (of which I've had a few). Thing is, while I'm doing it I look like the survivor of a nuclear blast. I am going to take this face on a gig this Saturday night. I am the baddest bass-player on the planet. For another week, anyway. :D

IMG_5260.

DaDo625, basscapes, fjbass78 and 50 others like this.
  2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Safety first! Just had a mole checked myself.

3. Not as brave as a child with a permanent disfigurement on his way to school for the first time.
    Good luck with your treatments & the gig!

Panther, JRA, ninjaaron and 15 others like this.
  4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Aaaand POP goes Bunk's bubble of positivity :roflmao: Good thing we're here to give one and all an occasional harsh reality check :thumbsup:

Seriously @Bunk McNulty, I think you have the best mindset for dealing with the circumstances. I'm honest enough to admit that I'm too vain to not be disturbed by the idea of people snapping photos while I'm onstage, so I'd probably use the sitch as an excuse to add a visually interesting (yet concealing) benefit of a rad mask.

I give you credit for being brave ... no matter what he or anybody else says. You be you, and rock their faces off :bassist:

BBQisgood, Jeff K, pjbassist and 9 others like this.
  5. I'm not trying to be mean, just a different perspective, i.e. you don't have it so bad...

BTW, some of you would be shocked at how wildly I've let my beard grow, but I'm not one to worry about appearance.

add:

If the gig is Saturday night, won't it be dark?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Duder, JRA, Joe Nerve and 1 other person like this.
  6. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013
    Tie your eye brows to your hair that's above your ears. Then tie your back hairs to the back of your head. Nobody will notice the flakes.

7. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    I know by your posts here that you weren't trying to be mean :D just matter of fact. It's just a perfect example of how the written word might come across without knowing the source can sometimes lead to somebody getting unnecessarily butthurt over something. Personally, I always appreciate your input in any thread ... dunno if Bunk knows who he's dealing with, tho :roflmao: It's all good

8. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Pics or it didn't happen. :D

murphy, PWRL, bolophonic and 2 others like this.
  9. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    I could. And I would! Except this girl I live with keeps trimming my brows. I'm going to ask her right now to knock it off. Not sure how that will go over. Um....If I'm not posting again in the next hour, someone might want to call an ambulance.

10. grinx

grinx

Mar 24, 2003
    Raleighwood, NC
    Yup. BTDT. Even worse.
    Fluorocacil cream?

Bunk McNulty likes this.
  11. I actually lifted the idea from that new movie, but it's a true story:

mItMmM5NjU1N2FhNWJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg2MjUxNjM@._CR10,143,4769,2685_UX888_UY500._SY250_SX444_AL_.

dwm74, JRA and Bunk McNulty like this.
  12. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Btw, @Bunk McNulty, I always enjoy your photos in the 'Gigs' threads, and think its neat to see what other TBers look like. It's irritating to me that some won't even post their closest cities location in their profile, let alone would never take off the tin foil hat long enough to let a picture they like of themselves slip out there for fear of I don't know what. So I thought you were plenty brave before this thread :thumbsup: I just appreciate a little info on who I'm exchanging ideas with.

Wesley R, cchorney, JRA and 10 others like this.
  13. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Very true. Mind you, I 'm not sure I want to see what some of the folks on here look like. Some of 'em sound scary.

@Bunk McNulty I know you probably don't need telling but make sure to keep out of the heat of any spotlights on stage.
    Keep on rockin'!

cchorney, JRA, Lvjoebass and 3 others like this.
  14. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    You bet! I don't mind looking scary once every other year. It keeps my skin from trying to kill me. :D

Jeff K, JRA, murphy and 1 other person like this.
  15. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    I'm back. She's not going for it. At least she hasn't chased me out of the place.

covermego and Aberdumbie like this.
  16. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Eh, I gave up on vanity a long time ago. Hey, I know: I'll announce that I am a survivor of a nuclear blast. :D

P.S.: When I'm out there with Jane and the guys, I am always gonna rock. It's all I know how to do.

JRA, Lvjoebass and Bass V like this.
  17. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    1. Thanks!
    2. If I ever have any actual ideas, please let me know. :roflmao:

murphy and Aberdumbie like this.
  18. saltydude

saltydude

Aug 15, 2011
    boston CANADA
    Indeed. If you can post a mug shot on a public forum you definitely got this.

19. ProgressiveDoom

ProgressiveDoom Guest

Mar 31, 2017
    How about having some fun with it?. Get the band to agree on doing a costume night where everyone goes zombie or their favorite superhero or villain. This would be the greatest opportunity for me to look like one of the MISFITS or King Diamond. I would be all over this.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  20. Just tell them you fell asleep under a sun lamp. Who will know? LOL Hope the treatment is successful for you. Good luck. :thumbsup:

JRA, Lvjoebass and Bunk McNulty like this.