1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how can i expand the enclosure for a modded boss pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by narcopolo, Apr 26, 2010.

1. narcopolo

narcopolo

Sep 12, 2005
    richmond, va
    i modded a boss cs-3 for bass. the caps are very big and i wasn't smart enough to make my solder point reversible (i trimmed the leads). i can't get it closed, so i'm hoping somebody out there knows of a bottom "lid" that would fit on a boss enclosure, but provides a deeper cavity than the factory part. any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

2. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    What sort of caps did you use? AFAIK there's no ready-made back plate to expand a Boss pedal, so you'd have to fabricate one yourself. It would be way easier to just desolder your caps and put in smaller ones. So if you used the green film caps, like these:

http://www.banzaimusic.com/image.php?id=8409&type=D

these are really big compared to box caps like AVX, Epcos, WIMA, etc. Box caps should fit without any enclosure mods.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Even some of the box caps are huge. Either way, the best solution is to desolder the caps and start over.

4. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    What about rehousing in a Hammond enclosure?