1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How can I find a guitarist online?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by mindflow, Jun 2, 2011.

1. mindflow

mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    So my band has kicked out our guitarist. We are a serious original band, we are working on being able to pay rent through music and tour full time. Our guitarist was good but just had a lot of issues and was a cancer in the band. Now we need to find a guitarist or multi-instrumentalist who is dead serious about music and wants to really put in work and be part of a team and who can write, at least on guitar, even more would be better. I think that as a band we have come a long way and finding someone who will be the right fit is going to be hard.

I was looking at Craigslist today and it was depressing, anyone who sounded serious was either into different music or had some red flags. Talkbass is an amazing community that has plenty of people serious about music just hanging out learning all day, surely there has to be something at the same caliber but for guitarists. Any ideas of where to look for a new member?

you can check out my band and download our album at

thankyou

2. AwkwardLoudness

AwkwardLoudness

Jan 11, 2010
    MI USA
    Did you post you own ad on CraigsList? Or did you just browse other ads posted by guitar players? Post your own ad, if you haven't yet, describing what traits you seek in a guitarist. Keep posting every few days as needed.

Do you need to use the internet for this? There are possible resources that are not online.

Some of the local music stores would likely allow you to post a wanted ad on their bulletin board or wall.

It's very likely that the local musicians union would be able to help you network if you become a member or already are one.

If you already have steady paying gigs with original music, then it will be much easier to recruit a talented axe player. If your band hasn't established itself much, then keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Craigslist, musician finder, google something like that and there should be several different ones. I know in the Milwaukee/Chicago area, there are a few different online places that have listings for musicians wanted and musicians looking!

4. madmatt

madmatt

Apr 28, 2009
    Go online.

5. AwkwardLoudness

AwkwardLoudness

Jan 11, 2010
    MI USA
    I forgot to mention: There is a similar community of guitarists at The Gear Page - Powered by vBulletin

You could certain post there and hope for the best.