1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How can I get my guitar to sound like the guitar this song?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FBS1996, May 15, 2011.

1. FBS1996

FBS1996

Feb 14, 2011
    YouTube - The Browns - American Werewolf In Calgary

I really like the tone of the guitar in this song, but i can't find ANY information about the gear that this guy uses. What settings should I have on my boss DS-1 (theres Tone, Distortion and Level) and what EQ should I have to get a similar tone to this song.

EDIT: guitar IN this song* Sorry I'm kinda tired

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    You came to a bass forum to ask how to get a specific guitar tone? :eyebrow:

3. FBS1996

FBS1996

Feb 14, 2011
    I'm sorry, I just thought that there must be some people on here who know how to play guitar :meh:

4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis

Eh, you're probably right. I play guitar. I imagine lots of other guys around here do too.

5. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

Jul 30, 2010
    I play, but I am a moderate rhythm player at best. Bass is where my heart (and skill) lies. That's probably what you'll find around here, bro. But hey, if you are a bassist, stick around, we always enjoy having some newbies around here.

6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    To me it doesn't sound like anything you can't get out of a decent tube amp. Maybe a distortion pedal in front. MXR+ maybe.

7. EricssonB

EricssonB

Apr 5, 2011
    CoSpgs, CO.
    Their MySpace page shows what looks like some sort of Tele and a Les Paul, then I'd probably guess some sort of half stack. Probably nothing fancy.