1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How can i get this sound?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joeybassist77, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Joeybassist77

Joeybassist77

Dec 30, 2011
    i own a sterling by musicman because i love the sound of a musicman and theres not a huge difference between sterling and a stingray but anyway i found a video with a kid who has the exact sound i want to have...i think hes playing through a line 6 pod XT live and those arnt made anymore... i would ask him myself but he never answered to other people asking so im hoping someone who knows more about electronics can help me heres the link Maximum the Hormone - ROLLING1000tOON [Bass Cover] - YouTube and hope someone can tell me what i can do cause ive wanted that sound for years and never found it or had the money to do trial and error

2. Did you try slaping it or playing with a similar intensity?

3. yeah it looks like a bod XTL, but thats not required.

a touch of compression and a bit of pre eq overdrive (like a tube screamer or light muff) then simply add lower mids and a touch of top for sparkle on the growly bits.

i have a BOD XTL and a pod x3, they are quite complex to get the tones at first and if you dont want to sit and learn the beast its gonna be easier to get the tone with separate pedals :)

the status graphite neck on the bass will give a bit more sheen and focus on the fundamentals. but it will come down to how you actually play too the guy on the vid has a heavy attack and it carrys through in his tone.

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Dig in...

And if you are having trouble, use lighter gauge strings, it will make the sound easier to get...