How can I increase the volume/power of a Genz Benz GBE 100 Combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tr21, Dec 29, 2007.

1. tr21

tr21

Dec 29, 2007
    Is there something I can buy that I can use to increase the volume of a Genz Benz GBE 100 210 T combo amp? Would a power amplifier work? I will be using this a practice amp. The maximum volume I can obtain without clipping is just not loud enough. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Terry

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Not really. Anything you do to increase "power" or "volume" into the amp will just make it clip even worse.

Some people find that using a compressor pedal or a "maximizer/enhancer" pedal (e.g. BBE or Aphex) gives them more perceived loudness without actually taxing their amp's clipping limit. Also you may benefit from turning down the lows and turning up the mids. Try one of those options, or get a bigger practice amp, that's pretty much all you can do.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021