How can I learn setup?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by peteroberts, Apr 23, 2003.

1. I know how to raise/lower my action and do intonation, but how can I learn about truss rod tweakage/relief without ruining a bass?:meh:
  2. chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Get a g**t*r or bass you can afford to ruin, and play with it.

Or just tweak on your main player. As long as you don't apply excess force to a tight truss rod, and you don't make large changes in one day, you should be safe.
  3. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    PAY ME 100.00$ no really there are many threads here with all that good stuff,take some time and i'm sure you will find what you need,and just be careful w/truss rod adjt,dont overdue it,if you need major changes do it over a period of a couple of days letting it set overnite to "settle" in,its not chemistry,if my burntout guitar teacher(i mean bass sorry:bawl: )can do it,well so can u and i
    good luck:bassist:
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Or you can read the NEWBIE FAQ that is linked in my sig, where these kinds of things are explained. I learned by reading and futzing with my first bass. Haven't broken one yet. :)
  5. Stick around here and read the threads... you'll learn more than you ever dreamed possible. Plus you can ask questions!!