1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How can I learn setup?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by peteroberts, Apr 23, 2003.

1. I know how to raise/lower my action and do intonation, but how can I learn about truss rod tweakage/relief without ruining a bass?:meh:

2. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Get a g**t*r or bass you can afford to ruin, and play with it.

Or just tweak on your main player. As long as you don't apply excess force to a tight truss rod, and you don't make large changes in one day, you should be safe.

3. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    PAY ME 100.00$ no really there are many threads here with all that good stuff,take some time and i'm sure you will find what you need,and just be careful w/truss rod adjt,dont overdue it,if you need major changes do it over a period of a couple of days letting it set overnite to "settle" in,its not chemistry,if my burntout guitar teacher(i mean bass sorry:bawl: )can do it,well so can u and i
    good luck:bassist:

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Or you can read the NEWBIE FAQ that is linked in my sig, where these kinds of things are explained. I learned by reading and futzing with my first bass. Haven't broken one yet. :)

5. Stick around here and read the threads... you'll learn more than you ever dreamed possible. Plus you can ask questions!!

:D:D

Merls