1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

?How can I line out my Roland BassCube effects to another amp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xolin, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

I have a small Roland Bass Cube bass 30 and I actually love the effects on it. My chorus pedal sucks in comparison and I love the flanger effect.

I need to be able to use it as just an effect unit. Is this possible? (only headphone/recording out available) Do I need to bust it open? haha

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    You should be able to send the "recording" output into the instrument input of any other amp. Just be careful with the output/input levels.

bass --> Cube --> recording out --> other amp instrument input

3. It distorts at low levels...its not meant for that :(

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    In that case buy a good-quality chorus/flanger. I just about guarantee you couldn't excise the chorus effect from the Cube to make a separate effects box without (a) very advanced electronic knowledge, and (b) spending as much time or money as a new pedal would cost.

5. Get your hands on a Boss CE-5 and BF-2, I have a Cube 100 and at one time had a CE-5 and BF-2, those will do will do the Cube 100 chorus and flange and then some.

6. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    How about going into the power amp in vs. the inst. input?

7. What exactly distorts? What settings have you tried to rectify the problem?

As Bongo said, you have to be careful with levels. I'm pretty sure you could get this to work if you took the time to understand why it's distorting.

My gut feeling is that the output from that jack is fairly high, so attenuating it before feeding it into another amp might be the ticket.

8. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I tried it myself into my Eden WT 400. Dog's right, and the OP's also right. It's a very hot signal, but if you set the Cube normally and the simply roll the Volume way back, you can set the main amp normally. I'm not sure the quality of the result... you'd have to try it live. Let us know your opinion if you do.