Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how can i make my 410 ound better?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve-o, Jun 9, 2002.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    well is it possible?
    the cab is sealed.
    are there any speakers that i can buy to get a nicer all around sound?
    also which would have more bottome end.
    a 410 and a avatar 15
    or a 410 and a avatar 210
    or a 410 and a avatar 410?
    thanks steve

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    What 410 do you have?

What do you mean by better?

Did it ever sound good and change? or did it always sound as it does?

What kind of music do you play?

There's a lot of info you can add that would help people to better answer your question.

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i must have forgot that sorry. still haven't waken up yet.
    it is a crate be-410
    i play everything.mostly funk and rock
    it has always sounded like this.
    i am more into the eden sound.
    i will post a sound clip later so you all can hear it.
    it doesn't have a horn either.(don't know if this matters)

steve

4. Then just get an Eden :) As a new Eden cab owner myself, I can't believe I ever played the Ampeg cabs that I had - like night/day.

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i just bought new head.
    and i am trying to get my car finished.
    now if i could only sell my fender cab and my hartke 2000 head. i would buy the 210 for sale in the for sale section

steve

6. i have one of those speakerhole .com 4x10 cabs.its really isnt that bad of a cab.i want to put better speakers in it can decied were to get them and what typ.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    adding a 1x15 would give you that low end roundness, granted you had a power amp that could allow you to push more volume into the 15".

if you're up for it, sell the 4x10, and get a nice 2x12 or pair of 1x12's. still just punchie enough, but with more natural low end. and it'll feel looser and ease up on the overly tight and compressed nature of 10" speakers.

8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i am selling my 15 cab.
    hoping to get a nice 210 cab to make it better all around. any one have one for sale?

steve

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Check out Nemesis cabs.

They are made by Eden, and I think theyre really good. Thay also cost a lot less.

Peace
    Nick

10. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If you really like the Eden sound...get an Eden. Buying used reduces your cost (providing that it's a good cabinet and hasn't been abused). Trying to go a cheaper route when you have your eye on the prize will cost you more in the long run.

Another great way to make your present rig (or any future rig) sound better is to practice....

(something I need to do myself)

Good luck!!!

11. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I like what DiN says - dump the Crate. They're "crates" not "enclosures." (Now to wait and see some Crate owner say how great they are :rolleyes: ). Obviously, your ear isn't satisfied any longer and Crates may be just great for some developing bass players.

As Gabu says with insight - What is a "nicer" sound???

Having a horn/tweeter may not mean that much. There are nice-sounding horns that really add something and those that sound like a cat on fire which a manufacturer uses just as a marketing feature. Some very respected bassists don't want a horn at all. It's all about the sound you're after.

If you have experienced Eden cabs and know that you like them, the answer is obvious. Otherwise, take a trip to a good music store or three and try out diffferent makes with the head you are using to see if any of those make the grade.

12. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    If its a "seeled" cab (no ports anywhere) its not going to give you a lot of low end at a distance, no matter what speakers you put in it. A totally seeled cab is meant to sound good at a short distance (to you in front of it) and not necessarilly fill the room.