1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How can i read led screens on effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by solutionbassist, Apr 19, 2010.

1. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    i play live at my church but the techs love these super bright stage light things. any sugestions for seeing the screens:hyper:

2. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    I don't understand the question. Are you talking about reflections from stage lights?

3. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    yeah

4. is there a tint-like transparent tape maybe to put over them??

I did an outdoor gig once where I had to squat down to see my tuner . . . REALLY sucked!

5. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    thats what happens here

6. Parasol?

7. the only solution ive found is polaroid sunglasses. but then you look like a tool if your inside :s

8. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    i could put polarized sunglasses lens ontop of the screens :D

9. I don't know how or if this would work, but they make the polarized screen protectors for cell phones. That may work. Worth a shot if it is that maddening to you.

10. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    Angle your pedal board.

11. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    its kinda hard to tune when you cant see your tuner :D

12. Touche. The glare will be all but gone though :D.

I'm having a little bit of trouble with this myself on my M13. The problem is my glasses cause some glare and I can't read my effect type. I tried dropping the contrast and then the words aren't clear enough. I end up bending over and adjusting my glasses like an old man trying to read a cell phone instruction booklet.

Just to be clear, I'm not getting older. That is NOT what is going on.:meh:

Waaah for me. :(

13. whitcomb-basses

whitcomb-basses Commercial User

Sep 16, 2008
    Uijeongbu, S. Korea (Military)
    Owner/Luthier, Whitcomb Custom Basses
    I've always though about building a cover of sorts to shade the effects but still allowing access.

There's always hiring a tech to switch your effects and tune your basses for you.

14. solutionbassist

solutionbassist

Apr 19, 2010
    anybody ever seen those peadalboards they sell on ebay with risers on them? the boards are crap but i woder if i could do somethin like that overtop of my screens