1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How can I secure my cable?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by worldfamousandy, Feb 17, 2008.

1. I recently bought myself a new strap. It's the first new strap I have had in 20 years! I like it, but there is one thing I need to sort out: Looping my cable between the strap and my bass no longer keeps the cable secure. Surely someone makes a product that will answer this, but I can't find anything.

Advice?

2. I don't know. I buy cables with a 90 degree end for the bass, loop through the strap, and all is well. I also use Dunlop straplocks.

3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Not an elegant fix but gaffa tape would do it!

What's the huge difference with the new strap that doesn't hold the cable in place?

4. The old one was wider on the end, so it was able to grip the cable. This one is narrow, and there simply isn't enough surface to grip.

5. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I have the old style Dunlop strap locks with the leather loop attached to each of my basses. Apparently they are no longer being made.

Anyhow, I use a cord with a right-angle plug, and I loop the cable through the leather piece on the strap lock. I have basses with top- and side-mounted jacks, and it works well for either one.

6. Thanks, I'll probably give the "cablecure" a try. It looks like it will do what I need.