1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How come buying a LM is so difficult?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rasrick, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I don't mean to keep harping about it. I just don't get it. I have gotten zip for even a price on a LM 250.I have called and emailed from Texas to Toronto. What gives?

2. vcs700s

vcs700s

Nov 17, 2006
    Stephenson, VA
    That is strange. I called my local GC, was quoted $599 with one left new in the box and went down and bought it an hour ago. It couldn't have been easier.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Only GC sells them new, and they are $599. Easy. See?

4. You guys aren't serious, right? you're toying with me.

5. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    You can check with Peter Murray, but I don't believe the LM250 is available here yet. With the price the LMII is going for it would be hard to pass it up. I wouldn't think the LM250 would be that much cheaper. Don't know anything about the LM250 so maybe it's got features that the LMII doesn't.

6. Guess I'm just impatient. I just need to be able to use an 8 ohm cab and I really don't need a batch of volume. Just want that low. Argh. so many LM's out there. , so little time........ I have to calm down. I'm slapping myself :}

7. vcs700s

vcs700s

Nov 17, 2006
    Stephenson, VA
    I have my new LMK 2 running through an 8 ohm cab right now. Just be sure to watch the volume level and you will be fine.

Sounds great by the way.

8. I appreciate the words of encouragement. Now all I have to do is score one somehow. I'm calm, ohmmmmmmmmmmm:cool:

9. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    I'm with r379. I don't believe the LMK 250 is available in the US. I emailed clubbass.ca and didn't get a response on the price. My guess is calling them might be better.

I was thinking that ordering from Canada would put the price close to that of the LMK II. Not certain though.

10. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    I have LM 250,bought it on sale at clubbass Toronto,
    449.if and when GC gets these i would think bout 399.
    no difference than LM II just power,i use FOH anyway..

11. fretster

fretster Advanced Beginner Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Didn't you know? Shuttle is the new LM-II. :ninja: