Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how come

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by scottos150, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. why is there so few bass players that sing?:confused:

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    hmm... I'm a voice major.... I can't relate.. sorry dude ;)

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
  4. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    there are a lot of bassists that sing. one cool example... ever hear victor wootens track "Me and my Bass Guitar"? its amazing how he can play an incredibly intricate bass lines, and rap/sing over them. The man is truly amazing. Personally, I have dabbled in singing. (once sang "under the bridge" with my band back home) i prefer not to though, because I would rather concentrate on my playing. I also am not nearly talented enough to sing and play bass at the same time. at least not the way i prefer to play it ;) I am only one example in millions of bassists worldwide though, and many are (unlike me) talented enough to sing and play at the same time.

5. Its very hard to play a rythem and beat instument at the same time as singing. Same goes with drums.

6. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Objection.

Foundation; compound question; assumes facts not in evidence.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Kip Winger sings.

8. there is this band called Seville, the drummer does most of the lead vocals. it is pretty amazing, especially live. more on the topic though, Matt Sharp from weezer used to do tons of cool faucetto vocals

9. two words 'THE EAGLES', they all bloody sang lead vocals at some point :) very cool, and i don't think there was one song where one wasn't singing backing!

anyone heard of Rootjoose (english band), the bassist in that sang loads, was pretty much the frontman

*Si*

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Faucetto?:confused:? Did he sound like water coming out of a faucet?

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i sing

bp13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.