Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How comes no one ever talks about Thomas miller, and Lepond? (Symphony X)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Suckbird, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I've searched this forum and maybe found 2threads about them, i've searched on google and there's not much info at all..

No one likes them? I personally think they are great, well i think i've only heard miller but if lepond is playing his lines then he must be a great to...

For example listen to sea of lies...

They both seem to be very very underrated...

So let's start a discussion about them and more bassists might notice, and be inspired :p

2. I love them a lot! Good to know, eh, one other guy likes them. Heh.

3. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    It's a shame :(

Bump.

4. I like symphony x a lot, you're right! great bass player.

or listen to "The Accolade", wonderful song, 9.49 long!

one of the best Progressive metal bands imo!

5. Yeah, I think they're only second to Dream Theater, I wish their bass player could get his hands on a 6, I wonder if he could rip it up the same because he's ridiculously good!

6. IMHO Lepond and Millers strongest aspects are thier taste. Those guys know how to groove when they have to, and eventhough they can play 1000 notes a minute, alot of the times they keep it simple to make a better song, but ofcourse they blow me away with thier chops too, any1 who can match mike romeo note for note is amazing. I love thier tone, esp when they tap, any1 know how they get it?

7. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Great bass players. Love th eintro to Sea of Lies. As far as his tone, try boosting low mids, and bass a bit?

8. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Does anyone know what thomas miller is doing today, i think he could be in any metal band he likes but why did he leave symphony
    x?

it would be nice if they made a live dvd, i would but it instantly...

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    How comes no one ever talks about me? :(

10. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    The Gigantour DVD (if they make one) should have them on it. There's also a few live videos on their site.

11. any idea on this guys technique? anyone?

12. Thomas Miller is along with geddy lee and john deacon my favourite bassplayer.
    Thomas Miller is imho the most underrated bassist ever.
    I wonder what he is doing these days..

13. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

And lets not forget about former symphony x bassist Andy DeLuca,who just recently come off of a European tour with vocalist James Labrie of Dream Theater

14. their song inferno has possibly the best riff ever in it, The main one just after the progressive off timing intro.

When it comes in i get shivers :bassist:

15. Odd I thought Bryan Beller was on that album? I guess he didn't tour. Elements of Persuasion really, really blew me away! I can't wait for his next one.

16. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

No Bryan wasen't on that tour at all.

17. Interesting. Do you know where Thomas Miller is as of late man?

Oh and don't underestimate Michael Lepond either, I used to just be a Miller fan, but then I closely listened to V (the album) and....just wow.