Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How cool is the Cool Cat?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by OblivionBass, Dec 27, 2005.

1. OblivionBass

OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    I've seen many TBers with this pedal, now tell me the pros and cons of it

NOW! :D

2. Skit1

Skit1 Guest

Jul 2, 2004
    England
    I just got one of these for Xmas (18V version) and its amazing!

I've heard this version is better than the 9V version for what ever reason..

Theres quite a few different sounds you can dial out of this thing which I really like :bassist:

I cant compare it to other Chorus pedals as I've had no previous experiance with them.

The only bad thing with this is that it is 18V, Meaning you have to buy two 9V batterys or get an 18V adapter (which I havent been able to find yet - only one quick trip to the shops tho ;) )

A great pedal! :smug:

3. Texx

Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    Germany
    Great pedal,
    i own the 18V version too. Can get everything from a very subtle effect to a heavy chorus Peter Green like sound.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Still my fav chorus I keep trying to replace it but can't find anything as good, I also have the 18v version (I use the Dunlop DC Brick) it's very lush can't really say much about it, dead simple to use every setting is nice, quite cheap to pick up.

Hope this helps

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    There's a quite noticable difference between the 18v and 9v models, IMO. The 18v is probably the most lush, watery, wonderful sounding chorus I've ever heard. About the only pedal that comes close to the Cool Cat's organic sound would be the Fulltone, but I still like the Dano better.

6. OblivionBass

OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    They are only selling 9v's now, correct?

so if thats the case, will i be able to fins a 18v version

7. Skit1

Skit1 Guest

Jul 2, 2004
    England
    I got mine off eBay a few weeks ago :smug: