1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How could I improve or upgrade my bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by TomA1234, Apr 10, 2010.

1. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    Hi,
    I'm looking for ways to improve my Ibanez BTB475:help:. At the moment it is all standard (monorail 2 bridge, Bartolini mk2 Pups and EQ). I have looked at getting some monorail 4 bridges for it but don't know where to get them or if they would fit in the existing holes for the bridge.:confused: I would like to avoid routing extra space in my guitar if possible. Please no suggestions of "Buy a different bass":D

Thanks,
    Tom
    :bassist:

2. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Is there anything wrong with your bass in the first place? I can see modding Bart Mk2 pickups (which if i am not wrong are korean-made, american design) to "real" barts (made in the USA), but really, the bridge? Is your bridge not holding intonation, or is there anything fundementally wrong with it?

Many of the Ibanezes i've had the pleasure to play may have been made with cheaper parts but certainly the quality was not lacking. You might need to identify what is lacking first and foremost instead of throwing money into a hole.