How did Carrots start?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by evilbrian9, Feb 6, 2003.

1. all of you put carrots on your polls and stuff, how did this start? i think it was something with JT but thats all i know...
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ask your little green friends
  3. wel you all started with a seed.......
  4. 10-02-2000

"i was really bored with 4 string back in '92, and i almost quit. i saw the bass player magazine give away of a bill conklin 7 string and i thought "hot carrots! that's the bass for me!" so i called bill up and the rest, well, the rest is history i've never played 5 or 6 strings, and i haven't played 4's since i got my first 7, in '93." - John Turner
  5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    ...and now you know...the rest of the story.
  6. Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    John Turner? Like that's REAL!
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Also, When polls started just getting run into the ground back in the day, i mean, EVERY FREAKING THREAD had a FREAKING POLL. JT would edit the poll so it had the option of "Carrots" meaning, "Who gives a rat's @$$" or to click if you were just sick of polls.
  8. Fresh carrot sticks dipped in Ranch dressing??
    (((((mmmmmm))))) yummy

Another reference to carrots on TalkBass? Noooo, not again...(sigh)
  9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I was there in the beginning :cool:

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yep, back in the day, you had to _earn_ the carrots option in your poll. mainly by posting a lame poll.
  12. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    And nowadays <i>(as we now know how lame all polls are!)</i> we just save JT the trouble and put carrots-option there ourselves :p
  13. there's 2 theories...

1) on the 8th day, the lord said " let there be carrots " and * poofy * there they were

2) they were evolved out of small single-cellular entities
  14. I have this pet carrot that's soooooooo cute.. I got it for my last birthday.. ..I think it's a male..
    When were playing he likes to touch my barbie dolls![​IMG]
  15. I think I should clarify. The option added to polls was "I like carrots". It was funny like that. Later, people started adding stuff to describe the poll, such as "the carrot colored one". And then, we had carrots.
  16. or 4 year bumps of silly threads?
  17. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well if you say so...:confused: