How did my amp do this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Esquillama, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Hey there TBer's. I just got home from a gig that was not my best. After having the hiccups through the first half of the first show, half of our power went out! The PA and Keyboard were unaffected, but my amp, and the guitar player's amp, and the lights all went out.

Somebody was flipping breaker switches on and off, and finally we were up and running again. The only catch is.... there's nothing coming out of my speakers! I could hear some bass coming out of the mains, but not out of my speakers. I've been playing out for about 13 years now, and I've never had this happen before.

We cut the set short, and I finally tried turning my amp off, and then back on again, and what do you know, I had sound coming out of my speakers.

The only thing I can think of, is that there was some kind of a protection circuit that got tripped when somebody was trying to get the breaker back on. But I'm still baffled by the bass being able to come out of the mains, but not out of my speakers? I guess the line out must be on a seperate cicuit board.

If anybody knows how this could happen, please explain.

Gratefully yours,