1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How did they die - Musicians that is

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 60bass, Mar 20, 2009.

1. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
  2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  3. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Very interesting read, thanks. I've camped out at Joshua Tree many times but never knew about the Gram Parsons connection.

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    This is an interesting site. I spent awhile on there this afternoon. Thanks for posting it.

5. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Here's where they cremated him after they stole his body. It's at the base of Cap Rock facing the main road. There's graffiti and miscellaneous trinkets at there. The Park Service has been trying to clean it up but it always reappears.

3306551_medium_b79a4f.

6. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Very cool part of history :)

Last time we camped there (probably 16 or 17 years ago) they were having a huge problem with coyotes. The park was being over run by them.

The Park Service was going to every camp by day warning people and telling them to keep food in their cars or RV's and locked up and NO trash or pet food outside or around camp at night. Also NO food in tents as the coyotes would rip the tents to get inside.

I thought they were stretching it, but we were indeed over run during the night. The coyotes were right outside our rigs howling like crazy. We were in a tent camper and could hear them scratching the outside metal shell. We had a 85 lb Shep/Rottie mix and a 40 lb Queensland Heeler with us and they wanted those coyotes BAD. Both the dogs were growling and barking like no tomorrow but it didn't phase those coyote's one bit.

I kept the S&W close at hand and we stayed away from the canvas sides of the beds. Went on for over an hour. Made for shall we say, an "interesting" night. The next day we took a look at one of the outside storage areas on the rig and they had tore up the door on the edge trying to open it. It was the one where I had kept the dry dog food which I had locked up inside the truck for the night.

Keep Low :bassist:

7. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    There's some good info there. I thought the one on Bobby Fuller was interesting. His version of "I fought the law" was one of the first tunes I learned many years ago when I started playing guitar.