How did they know? (bass player mag)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    A couple of days ago I got an offer in the mail to subsribe to bass player magazine. The weird thing is, I've never subscribed to bass player magazine or given them my home address for any reason. I've only been at this address for 3 months and I just can't figure out how they got this address or how they know that I play bass?
    Oh well, it's a really good deal and I'm going to subscribe.
  2. Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    I'll give you a good one...

In October 2004, I lost my place to live. I lost the band I was in too, but that's a different but related story. Anyhow, while I was looking for a place to rent, I was staying at a friends house. Couch surfing, if you will. Somehow, a bill collector from when I was married (1995) found me there and started harassing me with threatening mail! How in the Herk did they find me? I couldn't say, but for a $300 debt that is 10 years old, I was impressed!

Just remember, they're watching you always. :bag: :ninja:
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Have you ever purchased any bass-related equipment online? Given your address to anyone or anything even remotely bass related?

brad cook
  4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

I haven't given out THIS address, I did give my previous address to a reputable Seattle based bass only store, and I did forward my mail through the US postal service. Maybe that's how they found me? :meh:

EDIT- I also bought a bass online from Rondo, but that was 3 address's ago. I'll probably never know *exactly* how they found me at this address.
  5. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    How loud is your amp? :D