1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How did we let that happen...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MoonQuake, Jan 14, 2017.

1. MoonQuake

MoonQuake Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Montréal, Qc.
    I know, I know..... Budget, bad shape economy, poor revenue from streaming, blah blah blah....

But come on....!!!!! Rising country star touring full band but no bass player/bass part on backing tracks....???!!!! I mean, seriously....???!!! Are you f*&?%$# kiddin' me???!!!!

No hope!

2. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    It is nothing new.

Haven't you ever seen those videos from the 60's and 70's of people performing live with their acoustic guitars while singing without anything being mic'ed up and a full band being heard?

The way things are going, the next generation will not want to be bothered by artists dancing around lip syncing on stage, they will be going to a venue with Eco-friendly, glutton-free cardboard cutouts so they won't be distracted while using their smartphone replacements.

3. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    Needs cowbell.....

4. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Cardboard kills trees. Don't you mean holograms?

5. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    Eco-friendly, glutton-free cardboard cutout is only a crude description because calling it a hologram would be like calling a flip phone state of the art today.

buldog5151bass likes this.
  6. MoonQuake

MoonQuake Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Montréal, Qc.
    The real question is: Why do we musicians always sit quietly and let these things happen without doing/saying anything?

If this happened in any other work field, people would go on strike and the union would be kicking some butts.

7. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

Sadly the only people who care are the musicians. Band in a box. Virtual singers.
    Music used to be special and magic.
    Its a commodity, ubiquitous and everywhere. Free. Instant. Easily made with modern tech, with little or no musical ability or knowledge.
    Welcome to reality, where even DIs are being replaced with sophisticated automated light shows and smartphone apps for requests.

8. Trayster2

Trayster2

Aug 13, 2012
    Palm Coast, FL
    I think (???) the Cadillac Three does this too.

9. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

"How many bassists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"
    "None, they keyboardist can do it with his left hand."

"How many country bassists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"
    "1, 5, 1, 5, 1, 5, 1, 5..."

--^@

BassPilot likes this.
  10. I'll be danged. Look at that. No bass amp/cab to put the cup on...

11. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

the A.F. of M. needs members! just sayin'.