Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How did you find TB and Why did you join?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silent method, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Simple

2 questions

How did you find talkbass.com?

Why did you join?

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I found talkbass through google when I searched "bass forums", and I joined because it was cool and useful. But joining has exponentially multiplied my GAS.

3. im pretty much the same, i joined after finding it on google. although i joined after reading one members post about their love for bass, and i knew i found my new home.

4. While searching for some info on G&L's, this forum and another came up. I lurked at both for a time and joined here. I joined TalkBassbecause I saw a few discussions I felt I could add to. I've since learned I was wrong.

Mike

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    How? I was on the CTbasses.com forum and luthier Darrin huff mentioned it as a place to check out for more information pertaining to basses.

Why? because back then I was a stupid bass nerd with no sense and I drooled over the prospect of talking about bass on the internet. I have since overcome that, but I still post here... I'm trying to figure out why... might be addiction.

6. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Found it while researching something bass-related, read a bunch of posts, and was impressed that most people on the boards had clarity and cohesive thoughts, and were relatively decent spellers. Call me strange, but I think that a bunch of internet shorthand and things like "Yo! S'up? URDa PLAYA!" is infantile and a waste of good bandwidth. So I was pleasantly surprised to find that most here are fairly literate, and can talk bass without resorting to fisticuffs (for the most part!). Also, there is far less flaming here than on other boards I've been on. So I paid up, and here I am.

I like the fact that TBers are generous with advice to newbies- IMO, it's very important to remember that we were all there once. I was luckier than most, having a plethora of seasoned bassists (some quite famous) to lean on for guidance and help along the way. Some are not as lucky, and for the most part we all pitch in to help. Egos aren't all stratospheric around here, either. Nobody seems to think they're better than everyone else. Refreshing in this crazy world.

7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I found it talking to the guitar player in a local band. He was telling me how his bass player was always on here, so I checked it out... I've had no free time ever since. :p

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I posted alot at the MXTabs forum. I got an e-mail from the person who runs the forums telling me that I should check out TB, and that I would probably like it better. So I did, and here I am.

-Mike

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Google.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I was originally over at ActiveBass and I found the link here and haven't looked back.

11. friend said it was the best tab site he'd come across. i decided to have a peek at the forums for kicks. only good idea ive ever had is joining. :p

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Google search for bass forums, i joined bc it looked very large and useful.

13. Found the forum while looking for tabs at bassmasta.net i think. There was a ad there saying "Bass players unite" or something, so I clicked on it and here I am! Joined to get help to improve my playing.

14. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I was looking for information on fretless basses because I was hoping to acquire one. I searched for bass forums on Google and TB came up.

15. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I'm a lot on french forums, and joined this one to speak english.

16. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    googled wenge neck

17. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005

Practically the same reasons I joined. I lurked for several months though.

18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    saw the link on Adam Nitti's website...

19. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I've honestly forgot! I was over at ActiveBass myself at first, but I somehow found my way here. I think I was googling for something and a link brought me here.

I just kinda lurked for the longest time, but I finally registered so I could join with the festivities.

20. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Well said and I agree.