how did you find TB?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by thinking of you, Feb 23, 2004.

1. I was wondering how so many people know about TalkBass? I found it by doing a google search for Bass Guitar pictures, and the TB logo came up as one of the first ones, so i clicked on it, and it led me to the store. Thus, I found Talkith Thy Bass.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I searched on google for bass forum or something.
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    When I bought my bass guitar, the salesdude at the store told me to check out Harmony Central, so I did. I was looking at the bass links page, and TB was there. For the longest time, I just used TB for tabs, but after a while, I actually started using the forum.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Heather, AKA LightRaven, sent me over here from her forum. She said I would like it better at TB. She was right, I do. :D

5. I was doing a Google search on U2's Adam Clayton which also brought up the thread about him in TB's "Bassists" forum. So I had a look around what else is there... :)
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I stalked Michael Jewels here. ;)
  7. saw JT on the forum. lurked here a few months and bam, i was hooked. ;)
  8. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Google is my best friend. I love Google in unnatural ways. :help:
  9. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I believe that I found it looking for tabs also. :meh: But I am not positve.The only other way would have been google. The most important thing is that I did find it and it has guided me down the right path of playing bass. :bassist:
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I believe I was on Aaron's Carl Thompson page when I read a post by Resident Luthier Darrin Huff mentioning Talkbass, I checked it out, I think I posted once, then didn't return for about 3-4 months, then started posting regularly.
  11. Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    i saw it mentioned(or a link) on
  12. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    I followed a link when JT was made moderator of the bass/guitar forum over at I notice that our own Treena foster runs that one now :)

Incidentally, just how many forums does JT moderate!?
  13. I found TB while looking for tabs and here i am over 3 years later.
  14. Looking for tabs... :bag: :p

15. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    My bass teacher told me about it. ( I'm not giving names...)

I would look around the forums every day for about three months before I actually registered. :rolleyes:
  16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Me too.
  17. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    started playing bass in dec 2000, then used tabs at until august 01 when i found a link to TB from there.... been here ever since
  18. I was also looking for bass pictures, and saw the link. What wonderful things come from boredom. :)
  19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

i got kikked off from tbacrwaler and wuz lukkin 4 sum FiElDy TaBz.