1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How did you learn how to have confidence in yourself ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 21, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

How did you learn how to have confidence in yourself ?

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    What are you talking about??

I suck!

3. Started work.

Made mistakes.

Learned from them.

4. on talkbass:oops:

5. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    The realization that we are all one and that everyone is just a mirror unto our selves.

It is a philosophy that is both liberating and empowering. It allows me to be more loving, giving, forgiving, grateful and inspired...and less judgmental, angry, cynical and fearful.

We can do anything. The possibilities are endless.

6. I bought a blimp. Nothing inspires confidence in oneself quicker than the assertion of superiority through exclusive purchasing. After that, it's just a matter of pretending I know what I'm talking about by posting in absolutes and leaving no room for question.

Mike

7. wait you have a blimp:confused:

pics!!!

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I took a chance and tried a few things here and there on my own. A couple small successes snowballed into larger ones.

I still remember taking over my own savings account and balancing a checkbook.

-Mike

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm so freaking awesomely awesome, it just came natural. :D

10. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    OT: It is driving me crazy, my inability to identify your Avatar. I've seen it before, somewhere, and I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

???

11. Herbie hancock Head Hunters

12. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    THAT'S IT!!!!

Thanks.

13. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    I realized that people are only paying about half as much attention to me as I think they are.

14. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Back in grade school there was an older bully who always started crap with me, picked on me all the time. One day I get called into the Principal's office, and the deal is the bully kid complained to a teacher that I was messing with him. Turned out he was always picking fights because he felt threatened by me! Once I realized he was a scared little punk (even though he was bigger than me) I also realized that all the other bullies in the world were probably scared little punks inside. By extension all the machismo in the world, all the vanity, all the posturing, all the big talk, all of it was a sign of weakness.

That gives me a great feeling of confidence and power as I move about in the world.

15. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    That's just plain wrong. There are many things we cant do.... We can't fly with just our arms, make monkeys fly out of our butts, make people to prefer the taste of "New Coke" over the original "CocaCola".

If "we" means a human, with a certain lifespan... then the possibilities end when you die.

BTW.... I learned to have confidence by following the example of fellow TB'er.... Latimour.
    ....Argue everything! :smug:

heck, if someone's avatar reads "Bigger than Jesus"... I must follow. ;)

:D

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yes, thanks penguin guy for covering for me while I was actually working! :D

-Mike

17. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    By playing humiliatingly bad bass for years and claiming "It's jazz, I meant to do that" Respect just heaped on. And I stopped worrying......Wait! that WAS the Lesson.........! Stop Worrying.

I think it was Casey Stengl? If you're thinkin' You're stinkin"

18. Big Hungry

Big Hungry

Jun 27, 2007
    Orem, Ut
    The first time I got two SOBER girls into bed at the same time.

19. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    I just went out and DID IT.

20. What he said.

lowsound