How do AllParts necks compare to actual Fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by function, Sep 21, 2006.

1. function

function Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Portland, OR
    "Licensed by Fender" is such a tricky claim. Are AllParts necks somewhat decent? Would one be an okay replacement for an MIA Fender neck?

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    They sell various levels of quality, I think.
    Have you considered a CIJ neck?

What bass is this going on?

3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I owned a blocked and bound rosewood Allparts neck and I thought it was VERY nice! I sold it just because I really didn't have a bass to put it on.

4. function

function Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Portland, OR
    What bass is this going on?

trying to switch out my PBass neck for a jazz bass neck on my MIA fender

5. I owned a fretless jazz made with allparts parts, it had a flame maple neck with an ebony fboard and it was definately the most solid neck I have ever laid my spindly fingah's on.

6. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    also I think the whole "Licensed by Fender" just means they are licensed to use the same headstock shape as fender.

7. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    great stuff those allparts necks......the neck on the bass in my avatar is an allparts neck....tele style headstock with a jazz neck width....one of my favorite basses I've ever owned....

8. There are other replacement necks on the market such as warmoth and USACG. Do check them out.

9. gfried84

gfried84 Commercial User

May 7, 2005
    Owner Fried Guitars Inc.
    allparts necks are great quality. I ike warmoth too but they are on the heavy side.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021