Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how do i adjust my fender jazz bass bridge..im really confused

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bassbob03, Jan 31, 2005.

1. bassbob03

bassbob03

Jan 31, 2005
    i need some help
    i just bought a fender standard jazz bass and love it but
    the E was sett a little low and made a big buzzing noise so i kinda messed around and turned the two screws raising the saddle in so the E would be higher but after the first day of really playing it sunk back down to the body of the bass
    how can i keep the saddle raised without sinking back down???
    is this a normal problem or should i take it back to the store for help??

2. nahhh ..... don't take it back to the store. Re-adjust the saddle height again. Then put a drop of clear nail polish (has to be redone after a while, but my personal favorite! :cool: ) Super Glue (can be a little messy if your not careful :rolleyes: ) or locktite (could be permanent! :eek: ) on the top of the screw.

This seems to happen on some bridges but not on others, the screws turn due to the vibration of the string. No big deal. :)

..............Jim

3. Hello there....I play a fender jazz fretless, I got tired of the cheap factory bridge and replaced it with the badass 2 bridge....direct fit.....hipshot also makes a decent one also
    other wise your stuck using lockite on the threads

cya later tallpaul from mn :meh: