1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

how do i adjust my fender jazz bass bridge..im really confused

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bassbob03, Jan 31, 2005.

1. bassbob03

bassbob03

Jan 31, 2005
    i need some help
    i just bought a fender standard jazz bass and love it but
    the E was sett a little low and made a big buzzing noise so i kinda messed around and turned the two screws raising the saddle in so the E would be higher but after the first day of really playing it sunk back down to the body of the bass
    how can i keep the saddle raised without sinking back down???
    is this a normal problem or should i take it back to the store for help??

2. nahhh ..... don't take it back to the store. Re-adjust the saddle height again. Then put a drop of clear nail polish (has to be redone after a while, but my personal favorite! :cool: ) Super Glue (can be a little messy if your not careful :rolleyes: ) or locktite (could be permanent! :eek: ) on the top of the screw.

This seems to happen on some bridges but not on others, the screws turn due to the vibration of the string. No big deal. :)

..............Jim

3. Hello there....I play a fender jazz fretless, I got tired of the cheap factory bridge and replaced it with the badass 2 bridge....direct fit.....hipshot also makes a decent one also
    other wise your stuck using lockite on the threads

cya later tallpaul from mn :meh: