1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do I approach?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Sigge, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Sigge

Sigge

Jun 8, 2014
    Norway
    I wasn't quite sure what category to put this under, this is my first thread.
    But my problem is that I don't know how to approach on creating a cool bassline on the spot. During jamsessions I always end up playing the root and the 5th or the standard 12-bar blues, this often works ofcourse but I'd love to be more free. It would also be really useful maybe learning more scales, I know the major, minor, blues and pentatonic scales. Its still hard for me to approach creating lines even within these scales.

So my question is if anybodys got any tips on how I can approach creating basslines, and if theres more scales I should learn, if so which

2. Sigge

Sigge

Jun 8, 2014
    Norway
    I found a more appropiate category to put this under now, but I can't figure out how to delete this one?

3. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
  4. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Dont worry about that. You should get lots of replies here.

5. Sigge

Sigge

Jun 8, 2014
    Norway
  6. Schmorgy

Schmorgy

Jul 2, 2012
    Canada
    Don't feel the immediate pressure to come up with super complicated basslines either. Some of the best basslines ever written were only 3 or 4 notes and a relatively simple ostinato, and the simple ones are the ones people will walk away with it stuck in their head.