How do I connect 2 cabinets in parallel into a SWR350 bass amp head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by malabito, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Happy New year to everyone. :D

I recently sold my SWR350 bass amp head to a friend of mine who is planning in using the head with two 8 ohm ampeg cabs. I know that by connecting the speakers in parallel i could lower the impedance to 4 ohms and that way make the amp work at 350 watts, but how do i connect the cabs in parallel and then into the amp head? I dont want to make a mistake and blow up the amp or anything like that. They told me that I could connect each cab to each of the outputs of the amp head, but that doesnt seem right and if you connect it that way it doesnt sound loud enough.

Thanks for your help and advice. :)
  2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Speaker outputs on amps are almost always parallel sends, and if not, would be specifically labeled otherwise.

One cab to each output is a parallel setup. You can also plug in one of the cabs and daisy-chain the other to first using the parallel jacks on the cabinet itself. The end result is the same.
  3. So by connectig each output to a cab a would be having a parallel connection?
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
  5. Thanks for the replies. The strange thing is that I used that amp with one eden 2x10 xlt 4 ohm cab and it souded much more louder then with the configuration he is using, a 1x15 and a 2x10 8 ohms ampeg cabs.