1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How do I fix a shaking speaker in an Ampeg amp?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Jean Rodriguez, Jun 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I'm gonna be as straightforward as possible. I have an Ampeg BA-110 amp (The first one, not the newer that came out, recently) and the speaker tends to start rumbling after a while of playing. If I sit down on the amp, it stops (although, I prefer not to do that) and I've already tightened all of the screws. What else can I do to remedy this problem because it is driving me nuts?

2. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Try rolling the lows all the way off and see if it continues. Gradually bring them up and note where it starts. A high pass filter, like FDeck might be the solution.

3. I tried that and the rumbling has dropped a bit. The rumbling starts once the lows are at about 6-7 o' clock.

4. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Have you tried bass guitar through the amp? That could confirm or eliminate low frequency feedback as the problem.