1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

How do I get a more ballsy bass tone out of my Orange Crush 100.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AidyFaults, May 23, 2017.

1. AidyFaults

AidyFaults Commercial User

May 23, 2017
    Hey I'm currently use a Trabren standard 5 string bass tune to A#,F,A#,D#,G. and an Orange Crush PIX CR100BXT.
    For my pedal board I have a Boss Ls-2 that splits my bass signal; on one chain is my main clean bass tone with a Mxr Compressor to a Source Audio Soundblox 2 Manta to a Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi.
    One the second chain is my distortion with a Sound Audio SoundBlox 2 OFD.
    Can anyone help a hand out on getting more ballsy tone for metalcore and melodic metal out of my amp. I have been experimenting with effect pedal but I still can't work out a setup on the amp to give me a ballsy clean tone.
    Thank AidyFaults

2. ThisBass

ThisBass

Aug 29, 2012
    Germany
    High pass the distortion on the second chain.

3. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    I think you are trying to do too much with a small combo amp. Plus, you have two distortion pedals - one in each channel? I am not sure what you are trying to do exactly. I suggest starting with the LS-2, your bass and ONE distortion pedal and see if you can get something that sounds good to you. One channel for distortion and one channel for clean, THEN add another pedal into the chain and see where that gets you. In the end, I don't know if "ballsy tone" is magically going to come out of that combo amp. (at least what I think you want...)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021