1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How Do I Get Inside of My Sunn 0))) 215BH Cabinet??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by greenskyroly, Mar 17, 2009.

1. greenskyroly

greenskyroly

Feb 17, 2009
    Anyone own this cabinet? My speakers blew out on it and I ordered some new ones to swap but can't figure out at all how to get inside of the cabinet. Call me a n00b, but I've never dealt with any huge vintage tank cabinets like this. None of the screws lead me inside to the cabinet to swap the speakers out, only to remove logo plates and such.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Unless your model has a removable rear panel attached by screws, your front grill needs to be removed. Unless your grill has obvious screws holding it on, its probably just attached by surprisingly strong Velcro type strips and will require carefully being pried off. On these its usualy a good idea to use some kind of thin blade type tool like maybe a butter knife and first try loosening any corner that seems to pop loose the easiest. Sometimes the Velcro holds realy tight but once you get any corner loose, the rest will usualy pop right out.

I'm not familiar with your cab, but if its like the one pictured here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379940 his cab seems to have 4 screws or some type of mounting hardware around the edge of the grill frame...