1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How do I get new knobs for my TC RH450?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by synterx, Apr 1, 2013.

1. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Can't find any contact info at the TC site, or anywhere. I remember seeing some threads on this. How did you guys begin getting some new knobs? Mine are goofed and you can pull them off with no effort. Just got the thing from Sweetwater, but didn't want to go through them quite yet if there was a more direct contact somewhere.

Thank you.

2. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    Is it new? Call Sweetwater- it may have been a demo but either way, they should handle this for you. Anyone else that sells knobs is a retailer, unless you have wholesale accounts with them. That said, you could check the Antique Electronic Supply or Parts Express websites- they sell knobs.

3. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    It was a demo. So full warranty, but crap knobs. I want the real TC knobs. By the time my guy at sweetwater contacts whoever at TC and maybe get knobs, I was hoping to just go direct and get some.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    If the knobs push onto a slotted, splined shaft these can be tightened with a slot screwdriver to carefully open the slot a little. This will prevent the knobs falling off.

5. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    No, they are just plastic with thin "fins" inside to hold the knob to the shaft. No screws or anything, just a press fit.

Munjibunga likes this.
  6. deepwave likes this.
  7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    In that case crazy Glue should fix 'er! :D

You should go through Sweetwater then.

8. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Request form? Man, maybe I'm having a brain freeze, but I didn't see anywhere to fill out a request form on their site. I'll go look again. Thank you a bunch.

9. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Actually tried crazy glue. Didn't work. So little plastic touches the shafts, that I don't think it worked. First thing I did is glue.

10. I am so biting my tongue. :bag:

One Drop and agedhorse like this.
  11. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Trust me, as I was typing that, something didn't seem right...

12. gflowers

gflowers Sadowsky Nut Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Click on the link in the previous post and log-in to support. You may have to create an account or simply sign-in. I had the same problem and logged in last night and within a couple of hours, someone from support emailed and said they would ship out a new redesigned set of knobs. Can't beat the reponse time. So far, I'm very please with their customer service. I'll post again once I receive the new knobs and let you all know how they work.

deepwave likes this.
  13. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    I got my knobs within a few days, no questions asked. They look the same, but definitely grab tighter than the old ones. TC has been great to me.

14. gflowers

gflowers Sadowsky Nut Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Good to know. Shawn, at TC just told me my new knobs would ship ASAP. So far, very good customer service.

15. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    Free replacement of knobs that come loose or fall off. Good customer service.

Ship amps with knobs that never come loose or fall off for life of product. Better customer service.

M. M. :)

deepwave likes this.
  16. F-Bomb

F-Bomb

Apr 22, 2015
    Just wanted to report that a glue gun will fix the broken/loose knob issue nicely. No need to apply too much glue.

17. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    How does this work for the service guy who really needs to take the knobs off?

18. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    Yeah. You need to take the knobs off to get in there. And tc send knobs to anyone with problems, even if it's out of warranty

19. Simple he replaces those pots and charges for parts and labor so the owner can go around taking about the "rip-off". :D

20. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Two different things.

Customer service is how the company treats its customers and resolves problems.

Loose knobs are either a result of poor design or improper tolerances on the part of the OEM suppliers.