Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How do I get this off...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    A pen exploded in the dryer! How do I get the ink off? I tried using paint thinner to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    sounds like ur screwed dude, cleach would get it out...but then you'd mess up your clothes more (unless you had whites in the dryer)..

sorry man

3. That'll teach you for not checking your pockets before you put them in the wash mister!! :p

:D:D

Merls

4. what color was the pen:)

5. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Actually, after two hours of hard labor and hard laughs caused by paint thinner, I was able to get it off. I biked to Wal Mart and bought a more powerful paint thinner, then I used a lot of "elbow grease". I had a load of dark laundry in the dryer with a black pen. To my suprise, the paint thinner caused the ink to turn purple. But I had already unloaded my clothes before applying the paint thinner.

This reminds me of the time I was boiling my strings, and I forgot about them, and I left them in overnight. I found them very rusted when I remebered them the next morning:meh: .