1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do I get this sound?!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by aaronious, Sep 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. aaronious

aaronious

May 23, 2011
    Denver CO
    I thought is was chorus. I got chorus, it gets me close but not quite.
    How do I get the tone that Byron Miller got on this track?

It starts at 0:53.

2. Sounds like its either a stereo chorus effect or its been double tracked, that's what I hear at least.

aaronious likes this.
  3. iamjtv

iamjtv

Dec 28, 2012
    possibly the Boss PS-5? Maybe in conjunction with a chorus.

4. Domespeed

Domespeed

Oct 7, 2010
    Germany
    I would say it is a short delay - maybe 30 to 50 ms

LowActionHero, Blu bro and aaronious like this.
  5. aaronious

aaronious

May 23, 2011
    Denver CO
    I'm not too sure the ps-5 was around back then. I'm curious why you think that though and if you've any experience how would you set it up to get that sound?

6. aaronious

aaronious

May 23, 2011
    Denver CO
    I'm gonna try mixing chorus and delay tomorrow. That's what I'm thinking too.

7. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Sounds more like a flanger to me.
    They were pretty new and trendy around that time.

8. I would guess that it was either a Chorus, or a detune pedal. Don't know if there is a bit of grit too, unsure about that, but I would think there was some form of chorus in there. Don't think it's a harmoniser or double tracking, could have been. But it sounds like it can be easily replicated using a chorus pedal.

9. iamjtv

iamjtv

Dec 28, 2012
    It does sound like a dual tracked type thing. I'm not sure when this record came out but I do a lot of stuff like that harmonizing an octave higher and it gets that phased type of sound working. Chorus, phaser, octave are what I hear though.

10. aaronious

aaronious

May 23, 2011
    Denver CO
    After some trial and error it sounds very much like a chorus followed by delay. At least it's good enough for me.

Thanks!!

Domespeed likes this.