Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How do I get tickets to next week's Nashville NAMM show?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by snailplow, Jul 19, 2004.

1. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

I live close to nashville,and my roomate and I have never been to one of these shows.We're wondering how we're to go about getting some tickets for the event.How does the process work,and what do we need to do?Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. :help:

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Be a dealer, supplier, or rockstar. It's not a public show.

3. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Agreed. It's who you know at these shows. I'll see what I can do.

4. snailplow

That's what I've always heard,but I've also had plenty of friends who weren't any of the three listed,and still managed to get in.

5. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Much to the dismay of the people who are SUPPOSED to be there. I had a hell of a time when I was at the LA show; I was supposed to be doing BUSINESS, and I kept having these kids getting in the way. Not cool.

I don't think NAMM should give out visitor badges, period. But it makes them money, so they are going to keep doing it, no matter how lame NAMM gets. :scowl:

6. NAMM gets lame(r) cause its a biannual event...it just needs to have ONE event a year, imo at least.

7. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Unfortunatly, it does sort of need two. LA is almost impossible to get business done, because there's SO many visitors hanging around. Nashville allows for more business, but not as many people go. If they only had one, I don't think I'd ever want to go. It would be a total mess.

8. snailplow

I see your point.That would be annoying as hell to a businessman,but I'm wanting to go so I can try out as many basses from most of the manufacturers that are out there.Serious buyers such as myself deserve to be exposed to all options when spending the type of money we spend.
    I'm looking for the perfect bass for me,because even with all the ones I've owned(& there have been too many),I'm still searching for "the grail".
    They should just put an age requirement on the visitor passes,so the kids who are happy with beating on any old Guiter Center axe will be turned away at the door.

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    The Sydney music shows usually have 2 days for dealers only, plus a third day that's open to the public. I usually get into the dealer days by calling some PA and Lighting operator friends and getting them to say I work for them - which isn't a total lie..........

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    It appears that the badges will now need to be accompanied by photo ID. So, I don't think you'll get away with, "Hey, let me borrow your badge," anymore.

I'm just lucky that one of the drummers I've played with since high school now owns his own music store. So, I'll have my own official badge, and everything. :D

11. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I'll be there on a visitor badge!!