1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How do I know what Cab for my head.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rutgers Bassist, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Hi, really stupid question here. Probably been hamered a hundred times, but I couldn't find any answers. I have no idea what ohm etc are. Im getting a Behringer 300t head. What cabs are compatible with this? Also I want it to go to two cabs. Is this possible? Thanks Mark

2. wow
    victor wooten play a beringer
    just wait till i go to work today
    i work at guitar center and i am going to make sure everybody knows
    it will help sell them im sure

3. LOL, actually he played an Ampeg but just decided to switch yesterday. :hyper:

4. But, since you work at GC mabe you can answer my question? Thanks Mark

5. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Do you mean the BX3000T?

Your cab choice would be influenced heavily by the type of music you play. What do you play?

And two 8ohm or one 4ohm cab would do you nicely.

:)

Joe.

6. Yes thats what I mean sorry about that. Well I play pretty much everything. Our set list includes almost every kind of music, from Classic Rock such as AC/DC, to oldies such as My Girl, to new music such as Brand New etc. Eventually I would like to have two cabs, is this possible with the head I am looking at? Also whats the whole deal with the ohm? Whats the difference between 4 and 8? Thanks Mark

7. If it was just going to be rock i'd say stick with 10's
    But i recon a 4x10 and a 1x15 would suit you if you want a full stack (2 cabs)

the ohmage is the resistance of the cabinets, the amp has a 4ohm minimun so you would need 2 8ohm cabs ( 2 x 8 ohms = 4 ohms ), if you got a 4ohm cab you wouldnt be able to use another cab with it ( 2 x 4 ohm cabs = 2 ohms, which i dont think that amp could handle )

8. Thanks Mohawk, you hit it right on the head.

9. thought the behringer 410 and 115 as a stack sounded good with that head, this was just in the store though. not the greatest bass rig of all time, but for the money great, and compared to everything else it sounds pretty OK, better than a lot of more expensive stuff. Bright and deep, but decxently flexible in sound with some eqing.

10. Is it loud? I have a loud drummer, and two guitartists that like to jamm. Thanks

11. depends what the guitarists are using really

but yes, it would be able to cope with a loud drummer and guitarists playing to that level

my amp is only a half stack but i never need it past 5 :p

12. Lol, also if i make it a full stack, is it louder this way? More power? Etc. Also this head is compatible with doing so correct?

13. the more cabinets you add the more it cuts down the resistance ( ohmage ) of the amp, and as the ohmage goes down the wattage (power) goes up, well in most amps anyway
    which means it has a fair bit power, and a full stack will have more power as its pushing a larger surface of air

14. Thanks Hawk, you've helped me out consideribly.