how do i make a cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iamthemusicman, Oct 7, 2002.

1. ive been wanting to make a caninet and im not exactly how do do it but if yall could give me a site or a good place to buy speakers and wood that would be awsome
  2. Find Joris... he does it for a living. whether he still hangs around here is beyond me however.
  3. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    if you can hum a few bars..

err, wait, wrong joke..

:eek: :D :oops:
  4. I found out that it's more than wood and speakers...and I probably have just scratched the surface on it...If I were you I'd study hard...Listen to BGavin and Joris...They know their stuff on the issue.
  5. how do i find these people like joris?
  6. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Do a search on Cabinet Building 101 here at TB in the amp forum and make sure you have plenty of time to read. There are many, many, many ways to build a crappy cab, and many ways to build a proper cab. It is not a simple nor easy undertaking if you want to do it right. Add to this that sound is a relative substance and well, maybe you can just bang togther a box and throw in a speaker and it will sound good to you. Good Luck. And study the forum thread I gave you. There is a ton of good info in there.

They're may be other's, but I know this one is loaded with lots of good info and links