1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

how do i make a cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iamthemusicman, Oct 7, 2002.

1. ive been wanting to make a caninet and im not exactly how do do it but if yall could give me a site or a good place to buy speakers and wood that would be awsome

2. Find Joris... he does it for a living. whether he still hangs around here is beyond me however.

3. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    if you can hum a few bars..

err, wait, wrong joke..

:eek: :D :oops:

4. I found out that it's more than wood and speakers...and I probably have just scratched the surface on it...If I were you I'd study hard...Listen to BGavin and Joris...They know their stuff on the issue.

5. how do i find these people like joris?

6. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Do a search on Cabinet Building 101 here at TB in the amp forum and make sure you have plenty of time to read. There are many, many, many ways to build a crappy cab, and many ways to build a proper cab. It is not a simple nor easy undertaking if you want to do it right. Add to this that sound is a relative substance and well, maybe you can just bang togther a box and throw in a speaker and it will sound good to you. Good Luck. And study the forum thread I gave you. There is a ton of good info in there.

They're may be other's, but I know this one is loaded with lots of good info and links