1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do I mod my Sire V7 for series/parrallel?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Blu bro, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    So I really like the idea of modding my V7 to be series/parrallel. But all the diagrams I find are Vol (neck), vol (bridge), and tone. rather then the V7 set up which is Vol/blend/tone.

Can someone send me a diagram on how to do this mod. Or even better... if you have done this mod on a Sire V7 can you put through an audio example of series/parrallel?

Many thanks.

2. BassLife77

BassLife77

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego
    Before you buy a switch I would wire the pickups in series to hear what it sounds like. the signal might overload and distort the preamp or cause a hum

3. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    more than happy to try it but I need to know the wiring diagram first of all hahaha

4. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    I would suggest going from a jazz pickup to a soapbar, to be able obtain what your looking for. Cause either way with the jazz pickups your gonna be to much volume or volume to low.

5. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Found this. All that is important is what is happening from the pickups to the switch to the blend pot. If any pot on the bass can be switched to a push/pull to save drilling, great. Otherwise, you may have to get a DPDT on-on switch.
    v-b-t-wiring-diagram-2-0-.

6. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus

much appreciated. Will have a good look at this when i get home from work.

:)

7. The blend pot in that drawing would become useless in the series position.

Seymour Duncan has a drawing for switching on their site.
    In that one you have two volumes in parallel, but only one volume works in series.

Zoobiedood and Blu bro like this.