Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How do I post pictures?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AxtoOx, Dec 6, 2005.

1. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    OK, I don't have a 12 yr old to show me how. I have HP Image Zone Plus, I have a nice digital camera, I can get them into my picture file on my computrer. How do I post them?
    Take it easy on me.

2. You have two ways.

The first is using the attachments option you get with your account here at talkbass. Read this

The second way, better for pictures, is to have a place that will host them for you. "host them" means a web site such a www.photobucket.com or a similar site that will let you upload your pictures and then link them to this site. There should be instruction on their site on how to upload pictures. Another good place to look is your own Internet service provider, but not all of them will let you link pictures to another web site.

once you have uploaded your pictures, click on the thumb nail (or link) of the picture you want to display. Right click on the address in the address bar and select "copy" When you are posting a new thread or replying to another you will notice a link to "insert an image" Click on that and then paste that address in the box that pops up, then click OK. You will notice that the address you pasted into the pop up box is now in message box with "" tag around that address. Click on "preview post" and that image should appear in your preview.

The only thing you will want to keep an eye on is your image size. Depending you how many pixels your camera has, the pictures un-edited can be quite big, 800X600 or 600X600 I think are acceptable.

If you are still having trouble, grab the nearest 12 year old. ;)

Good luck.

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Thanks!!!