1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HOW DO I RUN 2 RIGS AT ONCE?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JEDI BASS, Mar 2, 2008.

1. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    I don't want to biamp out of my Line 6 pod....I can't seem to get the tone I want outta that thing!

So what's the best way to run 2 rigs?

I want effects (occasionally) on one and clean on the other. I'm in a one guitar band, no other instruments besides the drums. So, I need some distortion when the guitarist plays a lead.

2. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    i used to do that too.

I ran my bass through a chorus pedal which had two outputs. one goes to the clean, the other to distortion pedal and on to the other amp.

you can also do it with a small line mixer.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, a stereo fx pedal, or a simple AB/Y pedal. Stereo bass is alot of fun, except for the schlepping of gear.

4. Use your line 6 into a stereo power amp (power amp with two channels), and each of those powering a seperate cab.

However, you say you cant get a tone you like using just one, so what makes you think using two will make it any better :p

5. Why? Forgive me but I am interested.

Paul

6. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Which model POD do you have?

7. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    gkstereo.

Simple as that.

Bass goes into ABY box, signal A goes to rig A, signal B goes to rig B. Run them both at the same time, or kick one on when you need a little extra.

8. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    With only one guitarist, the bands sound changes dramatically when he goes from playing rhythm to lead lines. This is normal of course, but I'd like to try to make up a little of what's lost w/ my bass without losing the normal bass sound.

9. Jim Powers

Jim Powers

Mar 19, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I use a Whirlwind A/B/Y box and a Morely HumEliminator box, which you may need if you get ground loop hum.

10. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    POD XT LIVE, the floor unit. I need to spend more time with it, I'm sure it's a good product. I don't have my rig at home and the combo amps I've experimented w/ the Pod with, sound radically different, of course, as do headphones.

A quicker solution, and probly the one I'll go with is the AB box. Thanks guys for all the help, everybody locally has told me something different. I figured I'd ask bass players :).

11. JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    No, my Carvin B1500/Ampeg/Ashdown rig sounds phenomenal, until i plug in the pod.

12. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

The POD X3 would be perfect for this. You can run two different channels at the same time into two different rigs...