1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

how do I take off these knobs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Apr 10, 2006.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've bought some white knobs to replace to stock black ones on my YBA200, but I can't seem to get the OEM knobs off. There are no screws on the knobs so I assume they just pull off, but I have pulled them pretty hard...anyone know how to take these knobs off, or any tips on how to?:help:

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    How did you buy new knobs with the proper diameter shaft holes if you haven't taken off the original knobs yet . . . or did you assume that all knobs fit all shafts?:eyebrow:

3. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I just took a guess with 1/4" shafts

4. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Some knobs require way too much effort to get off. I usually slip a long, slim screwdrive blade under the knob and try to leverage it against the nut or washer and turn it incrementally while giving a gentle lift from all sides of the knob.

I hope I worded this in an understandable way.

5. 4 year old broke one of mine off. Either get a 4 year old, the screwdriver may work, or just smash it if u dont want to keep it lol. Good luck ^^

6. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    small visegrips and a lil elbow grease.

7. You're not going to believe this, but I asked the service guys at Traynor the same question.

They said you just pry 'em off with a spoon or knife, that's what they do.

Have'nt tried that yet, but I sure as hell can't get em off with my hands!

8. A spoon! Brilliant! All this time I've been using screwdrivers and trying not to damage the panels! That's another thing for my toolkit.