Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How do i tweak my bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Musik Meister, Mar 3, 2002.

1. I just bought a Fender Jazz Bass as my first bass. My friend tells me to never accept a bass taken off the shelf as playable and that I should set it up propperly. How might I do this?

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My suggestion would be to take it to a store with a reputable service dept, since you're new to it, and ask them to do it. But instead of just sitting there waiting on it, ask if the tech can walk you through the steps and precautions and all. I know I'm more than willing to help someone out who doesn't know what to do. Adjusting the neck can be the quick ruin of a nice new bass. It's a touch that has to be developed. Be Careful!

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    This should have been posted in the Setup Forum.

So, it is now there.;)

4. Welcome to TalkBass Musik Meister,

Please, please read the post above for "Newbies" to get an idea of how to get your question answered. This has been discussed ad nauseum - we answer the same question every single week. If you'll do a search you will find dozens of threads that will answer your questions.